Can you believe it? Yesterday was my one year blogger-versary! Or is it blog-aversary? Blogging Birthday?! Hmmm…well yesterday my blog turned 1! And I totally missed it! I can’t believe it’s already been a year since I started my journey for a happier and healthier life.
It’s been a crazy year but SUCH a great one. I looked back at my very first post and I have to say I’m very happy with how this year has played out. I started this year in blogging wanting to drop the excuses. To find some accountability, ditch the negativity, to really challenge myself and create healthier habits and relationships.
And it worked! All was perfect. There was zero negativity. I didn’t stray even one bite from clean eating. I didn’t lose my temper once and life was all butterflies and rainbows. And then I woke up from my dream and came back to reality. 😛 So it wasn’t perfect. I’m human. But it was an amazing learning experience! I accomplished more than I could have imagined. My family is closer (even through all the temper tantrums, sibling rivalry, bad mommy moments and miscommunications) and I can honestly say that I’m happier and healthier now than I ever have been.
So what has happened this year? What’s changed?
- This girl, who once couldn’t run one block without wanting to fall over, is now someone who
loves tois obsessed with running! I ran four 5k’s, a 10k and now have a goal to run a half marathon Spring 2013. I never thought that would EVER happen.
- I kicked my clean eating into high gear and just FEEL healthier then ever.
- I joined a gym. Now I’m addicted to lifting weights as well as running! I’m also loving attending the classes there as well.
- I dropped two jean sizes.
- I gained a ton of confidence.
- I’m in the best shape of my life.
- I’ve learned to love myself! My body is not perfect. I don’t think there is such a thing as the perfect body. But I’m perfectly imperfect. I’ve learned to accept my flaws, but still push myself towards my goals. I know that my body is capable of so much more than I ever imagined.
- I’ve learned to ditch the things in my life that just aren’t important. Whether it’s a job, a volunteer opportunity, a project, or the wrong kind of friends. I need to keep my priorities in check. By learning to say “No” to certain things I have so much more time and energy to say “Yes” to the important ones.
- I’ve learned to be grateful for what I have and to look for the positive in every situation. Again, I’m far from perfect but I’ve definitely been having more “adventures” and less “ordeals”.
- I’ve been inspired! By writing this blog I’ve been so inspired by other people! I’ve listened to their challenges, their accomplishments and have just been so motivated to keep going with my own goals.
I’m loving the opportunity to share my journey with others. Having this blog as an outlet to express my feelings, share my (sometimes random) thoughts, to encourage others and be encouraged is a huge stress reliever in itself. I’ve learned a lot about myself over this year and can’t wait to see what this next year holds! So thanks to everyone who reads my ramblings and hopefully you’ll stick around for the rest of the journey!
Now it’s time to go celebrate with some cake! I mean carrots…yes carrots. 😉
Brag a little! What’s one thing that you are proud of accomplishing over the last year?