Recipe from:Best of Clean Eating 2
- 5 small ripe bananas, peeled and broken or cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 baked Extra Easy Whole Grain Pie Crust
- 2 Tbsp unsalted dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1 oz dark chocolate (70% or greater), finely chopped
Combine bananas, cocoa, coconut milk and vanilla in the jar of a blender. Blend until smooth stopping to scrape down sides of jar and stir mixture 2 or 3 times.
Pour banana puree into baked pie crust. Sprinkle peanuts and chocolate across surface of pie. Cover very tightly with plastic wrap and freeze for a minimum of 4 hours, or overnight.
To serve, remove plastic wrap and set at room temperature for about 30 minutes (longer if pie was frozen for more than 4 hours) until pie is just soft enough to yield to the cut of a knife. Slice and serve.
I love chocolate and I love bananas so I was very excited to try this pie. I ended up having to put it in my much too cold deep freeze for longer than expected and I don’t think I had it wrapped tight enough. So in the end it had a bit of an ice crystal crunch to it. So make sure you wrap it well to avoid this! I will definitely give it another whirl at another time.