Recipe posted with permission from Eat-Clean Diet Recharged
Yield: 30 servings
- 1 cup raw unsalted whole Almonds, lightly toasted
- 1 1/4 cups Unbleached Whole Wheat Pastry Flour, fluffed with a fork
- 1 cup Unbleached All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 2/3 cup Natural, organic liquid Honey
- 1/4 cup Agave Nectar
- 1/3 cup Coconut Butter, melted
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1/4 Flaxseed, ground
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup sliced Almonds, toasted (for garnish)
- Place almonds in food processor and process until well ground. Remove from processor and dump into large mixing bowl. Add flours, baking powder and salt. Mix well to combine.
- In another medium-sized bowl combine honey, agave nectar, coconut butter, applesauce, flaxseed, egg and vanilla. Mix well with a mixer.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients in larger bowl. Use clean hands to mix or mix well with wooden spoon.
- Place, covered, in refrigerator for one hour to allow dough to set.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare baking sheet by lining with parchment paper.
- Using a 1 Tbsp measure, scoop out dough and shape into balls. Place on cookie sheet and press middle of dough down with thumb to make a little well.
- Bake each sheet of cookies for 12 to 15 minutes. Watch the last few minutes to prevent burning.
- Remove from oven and garnish with toasted almonds. Be creative with designs!
- Let cool on wire rack before storing.
Nutritional Value: Calories: 107, Calories from Fat: 44, Protein: 2g, Carbs: 14g, Total fat: 5g, Saturated fat: 2g, Fiber: 2g, Sodium: 41mg, Cholesterol: 7mg, Sugar: 7g
For more info on Tosca Reno and the Eat Clean Diet check out www.toscareno.com