Recipe posted with permission from Eat-Clean Diet Recharged
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 cups low sodium Chicken Broth or Vegetable Stock
- 1×1 inch piece of fresh Ginger, chopped
- 2 boneless, skinless Chicken Breasts
- 2 Tbsp natural Nut Butter (peanut, cashew or almond)
- 1 Tbsp natural Honey
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Butter, melted (if unavailable use Olive Oil)
- 1 dash Hot Chili Oil
- 1 English Cucumber, cut into matchsticks
- 1 bunch Spring Onions (about 4 or 5), sliced lengthwise into thin ribbons
- 1 firm Zucchini
- 2 Carrots, cut into matchsticks (about 2 cups)
- 2 bunches Romaine Lettuce, inner tender green and white parts only (save the dark green leaves for a salad), chopped
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh Cilantro
- Place stock in medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Add ginger. Add chicken breasts and let them cook over low heat until they are no longer pink inside, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Using a slotted spoon, remove chicken from pan and let cool. Reserve cooking liquid for use in dressing.
- To make dressing, combine nut butter, honey, melted coconut butter and hot chili oil in food processor or jar with tight fitting lid. Add 1/4 cup cooking liquid. Process or shake well.
- Combine cucumber, onions, zucchini and carrots with lettuce and toss well in large salad bowl.
- Divide the salad among four plates. Shred cooked chicken over each salad.
- Drizzle dressing over salad, garnish with cilantro and serve.
Nutritional value per serving: Calories: 381, Calories from fat: 105, Protein: 37g, Carbs: 31g, Total fat: 13g, Saturated fat: 3g, Fiber: 10g, Sodium: 610mg, Cholesterol: 69mg, Sugar 13g
For more info on Tosca Reno and the Eat Clean Diet check out www.toscareno.com