Recipe posted with permission from Your Best Body Now: Look and Feel Fabulous at Any Age the Eat-Clean Way
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 cups Carrots, grated
- 1 Onion, large, finely diced
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 3 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 4 lbs Lean Ground Turkey
- 5 Plum Tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups Button Mushrooms, finely chopped (about 4 oz)
- 1 Tbsp Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Blackstrap Molasses
- 1 Tbsp Chili Sauce or any mild hot sauce
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 cup water or low sodium chicken stock
- 6 Whole Wheat Rolls or 2 cups cooked Brown Rice
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; add carrots, onion and garlic. Cook for 4-5 minutes until tender, season with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat, stir in tomato paste. Return to heat and add turkey. Cook turkey through for 5 minutes and break apart with wooden spoon.
- Add tomatoes and mushrooms and cook with the lid on for 3-4 minutes, until they begin to soften. Add vinegar, molasses, Worcestershire sauce, chili sauce, water or stock and stir. Simmer for 8-10 minutes until liquid has reduced.
- Serve on roll or over brown rice.